Current Job Opportunities
If you are an outgoing, friendly, upbeat, people-oriented individual, we have a position for you! NO PRIOR EXPERIENCE IS NECESSARY. If you are the right person, we will train you. This career has long-term advancement potential, higher levels of compensation, and responsibility available through achieving higher levels of certification.
Unlike dispensing opticians who fit contact lenses and glasses, ophthalmic technicians work directly with an ophthalmologist conducting patient eye examinations and tests. They are “physician extenders,” allowing ophthalmologists to see more patients in a day.
- Patient intake and workup, following standardized protocol.
- Ophthalmic diagnostic testing.
- Patient counseling and education as needed.
- Awareness of patient flow issues and ability to maintain efficient clinical flow.
- Update daily schedule assessing no-shows and add-ins.
- Scribing in a rotational pattern.
- Answer and return phone calls and write scripts as requested by physicians and other departments.
- Stocking and cleaning clinic as needed.
- Facilitate patient experience by assisting physician in overall patient care.
- Work within the confines of the Eye Center team by assisting other departments with answers to questions, patient triage, etc.
- Self-study is required to obtain/maintain ophthalmic technician certification within 18 months of employment.
- Maintain a professional demeanor, including dress and work conversation.
- Understand and solve patient complaints.
- Maintain effective working relationships with other staff and doctors.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Superior customer service skills.
- Effectively and empathetically communicate in both oral and written formats.
- Fluency in Spanish a plus.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Current JCAHPO certification preferred.
- AAS in Ophthalmic Medical Assisting or equivalent in work experience.
- Prior experience in a fast paced medical office and in electronic health record preferred.
The Cheyenne Eye Clinic provides many benefits for their staff members, such as health/dental/vision benefits, 401k/profit sharing, generous education allowance, paid vacation and personal time, along with many discounted services and other benefits.
If you believe you are our ideal candidate, please e-mail us your resume and a cover letter telling us why you are interested in this position to email@example.com.